Job Vacancies at World Vision Tanzania jobs 2022
World Vision Tanzania (WVT) (wvi.org/tanzania) started in 1981 and currently works with the Government of Tanzania as a strategic partner to deliver services in 16 regions of Kilimanjaro, Manyara, Arusha, Tanga, Morogoro, Dar es Salaam, Dodoma, Singida, Shinyanga, Simiyu, Tabora Kigoma, Kagera, Iringa, Lindi and Mtwara. WVT continues to have it operations in areas displaying high levels of vulnerability.
By 2025, WVT aims to contribute to the improved and sustainable wellbeing of 3.2 million children directly including the most vulnerable in Tanzania. This will be achieved through the following objectives: (i) Increase in children who are well nourished; (ii) Increase in primary school children who can read; (iii) Children report an increased awareness of God’s love and (iv) Increase in girls and boys protected from violence.
Job Title: People and Culture Manager
- Strategic support for P&C Director on LEADER strategy and P&C Policy implementation
- Provide leadership and technical support to the P&C operations team
- Ensures and manage recruitment process are done professionally as per the policy and the law of the land.
- Ensures the ‘ER’ component of the LEADER strategy is at standard or above.
- Participate in strategic and tactical planning sessions for P&C Operations, strategy, and individual business units to meet organizational goals.
- Keep abreast and updated with changes in labour laws and legislations and provide technical guidance to all stakeholders on issues and changes in statutory requirements for management decision making
- Provide technical support to the P&C Business Partners
- Clear demonstration of P&C leadership
- Effective Implementation of P&C strategy
STRATEGIC BUSINESS PARTNERING 15%
- Provide technical expertise on business strategies, human resources processes (including but not limited to Recruitment, Employment, Benefits/Medical, Compensation, Orientation, Staff, and Leadership Development), and organizational policies and practices in order to facilitate the attraction and retention of competent staff and entrenchment of a culture of continuous learning and performance within the National Office.
- Manage and provide support in developing manpower plans together with the line managers and ensure timely and quality recruitment and selection processes are carried out
- A member of the GAM team, ensuring that there is timely staffing of projects and that WVT attracts and retains critical grant personnel through the life cycle of the project.
- Work with a legal advisor in regard to employee contracts, employment issues, disciplinary actions, and employee relation issues in general.
- Partner with other regional P&C colleagues, National Office, Audit, and other applicable functions/sectors to develop more seamless and integrated P&C practices and policies that are aligned to WVT strategy and partnership / regional initiatives.
Efficiency and effective Business partnering function.
ENHANCE THE P&C SERVICE DELIVERY – 20%
- Support P&C Director Design, reviewing, and implementing HR policies, systems, and guidelines in alignment with the local labour law and the Partnership standards.
- Sensitize all staff on the current HR policies and guidelines and review the systems/processes to identify and address gaps for effective service delivery
- Ensure that staff physical files and data records in Our People are up-to-date and secure.
- Provide leadership in conducting market surveys and benchmarks that will ensure that WVT stays competitive within the labour market.
- Ensure that, within the parameters of cross-cultural and national limitations, all national and international employment practices, compensation, employee benefits, and P&C programs are within the limits of established standards, procedures, guidelines, and policies of World Vision International.
- Provide input into and support the development and management of the P & C Budget.
- Responsible for reporting on P&C operations. Manage the HR scorecard to measure the value added of P&C operations to the organization.
- Identify and manage P&C operational risks, and ensure that the appropriate controls to mitigate the risks are clearly stated in P&C MWRAP and are in place in the function.
- Staff awareness of P&C Policies
- Ensure effective and updated documents are well filed in the staff file.
- Ensure P&C practice aligns with Partnership Policies
PERFORMANCE & TALENT MANAGEMENT – 15%
- Implement the Partnership Staff Performance Management program within the National Office with appropriate alignment to Talent processes, including tracking the identification and management of high-performing talent and poor performers.
- Guide/support all managers on their roles in the end-to-end performance management processes
- Coach and mentor managers and supervisors in measuring performance
- Lead the Performance Management processes to ensure staff performance appraisals are carried out in a timely and appropriate manner
- Ensure that Performance Agreements are in place for all WVR staff
- Facilitate performance moderation sessions
- Compile a Performance Report of the organization based on performance reviews done for all staff
- Provide appropriate support to employees and managers in addressing unsatisfactory performance. Ensure that underperforming employees are identified and specific plans are created with the full intention of returning them to acceptable performance
- Identify staff competencies required to support business plans and the levels of competency required for positions.
- Identify and recommend training and coaching needs within all functions. Work with the leadership team to identify top talent and create development plans to address individual professional and career objectives
- Coordinate and engage in the design of talent development and succession plans
- Develop and drive career management programs and the implementation of succession plans within the organization.
- Having Effective Performance Management Process.
- Effective Management of Poor Perfumers.
ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT – 10%
- Partner with OD Coordinator to embed Learning culture and build organizational development capacity of the National Office.
- Work with the OD Coordinator in the analysis of P&C data to establish trends to recommend initiatives to maximize employee engagement, productivity, and retention.
- Partner with line management in the constant reinforcement of the World Vision (WV) Mission Statement, Core Values, Covenant of Partnership plus the WVT Strategy through staff reward and recognition programs, team-based programs, and Internal Communication in order to ensure continuous engagement and embedding of the culture organization-wide
- Efficient and effective Organization Development Program
- Having a Learning Culture Organization
STAFF WELFARE MANAGEMENT – 10%
- Contextualize and implement support systems, services, and programs for staff well-being.
- Administer the implementation of the staff well-being policy/initiatives, work closely with the Security team to sensitize staff to abide by the set Security protocol and coordinate critical incident debriefing for staff that have undergone stress and/or trauma in order to facilitate the management of staff welfare within the organization.
- Analyze medical insurance reports to ensure staff health issues as well as organizational stressors are identified and addressed in a timely manner.
- Develop and drive employee assistance programs and improvement in a workplace environment and facilitate employee engagement within the organization by conducting surveys to gauge the level of satisfaction within the organization
- Having an effective staff welfare program.
- Effective and well-Organized implementation of staff welfare Policies
NETWORKING AND PUBLIC RELATIONS BUILDING 10%
- Support P&C director to establish strategic networks with key International NGOs and other supporting agencies at the national and international levels to keep updated with changes in the external environment
- Advise P&C Director to carry out benchmarks with other INGOs to identify best practices
- Participate in all team and staff spiritual nurture activities.
- Carry out assignments that are delegated by superiors.
- Strengthen WVT relationship with other NGOs and INGOs
KNOWLEDGE/ QUALIFICATION FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
- Extensive experience in Human Resource Management for a minimum of 5 years in a large international organization with a minimum of 3 years served in a senior management role.
- Experience in managing large organizational change initiatives will be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of normal organizational policies, labor law, and legal requirements
- Good skills in conflict resolution/problem solving, teamwork, crisis management, training facilitation, and coaching
- High level of commitment and working with minimal supervision.
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Management, Organizational Development, Organizational Psychology, or another related field preferred.
- Masters’ degree in Human Resources Management or any relevant field is an added advantage.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Knowledge on best Human Resource Practices in Tanzania
- Good Knowledge on Tanzania Labour Law
- Good People Management Skills
- Good Leadership skills
- Good Reporting Skills
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Similar Job Posts
- Job Vacancies at Bukoba Municipal December 2022
- Job Vacancies at Iringa Municipal December 2022
- Job Vacancies at National College of Tourism (NCT) December 2022
Job Tittle: National Director – World Vision Tanzania
As the National Director, you will:
- Set a strategic vision for the office and lead, develop and direct the implementation of all aspects of World Vision Tanzania Ministry as an effective member of the Partnership in line with Twin Citizenship principles to ensure solid ministry quality and high impact in the field; be accountable for all aspects of World Vision (WV)’s work in the country.
- Ensure that WV’s ministry directly aligns with LEAP 3 principles and contributes at scale to the sustained well-being of children and the fulfilment of their rights within families and communities.
- Have a strong external orientation and represent WV with all donors, project partners, WV Partnership Offices and divisions, local government, church representatives and non-governmental organisations, serving according to the Power of Attorney given by WV’s Global Centre.
- Lead national resource development, leading local fund raising and ensuring growth of local resources through effective partnerships with Government, the private sector in Tanzania, individual Tanzanians, the Church, amongst other local partners.
- Ensure alignment with VisionFund Tanzania (VFT), World Vision’s Microfinance Institution (MFI) arm, through participation in VisionFund’s Board and other Governance structures, and provide appropriate collegial support to MFI Executive Director.
- Facilitate the farmers to have access to credit and viable markets
- Appropriately develop national governance through identifying national lay leaders for board membership and leading organisational transition.
- Maintain a strong growth with quality mentality and lead the office to leverage its private resources portfolio to ensure growth in the area of grants.
- Provide leadership, strategic direction and support in the development and implementation of an effective Resource Development Strategy.
- Ensure people issues are front and centre, promoting an office that embraces diversity, interfaith collaboration, gender balance and engagement with all Partnership staff.
- Ensure that the office has a strong and integrated Faith and Development strategy that includes staff nurture, integration of program approaches such as Covenant with umbrella church bodies, Celebrating Families, FBFs, etc.
- Model a high standard of personal Christian leadership, ministry and integrity though lifestyle and work relationships, and provide spiritual guidance to staff on the Vision, Mission and WV Core Values.
- Ensure that office leadership is capable to work in interfaith contexts and is familiar with World Visions commitments.
- Participate and lead regular devotional meetings.
- Ensure high quality ministry approaches that align with LEAP 3 principles and ensure best practice development work at scale.
- Ensure strong ability to measure Child Well-being (CWB) outcomes and maintain a green rating on the CWB report each year.
- Ensure strong engagement in resource mobilisation, including positioning and support to grant acquisition efforts to raise additional resources and diversify WV Tanzania’s portfolio.
- Ensure the highest standards of quality and accountability through compliance with World Vision policies and standards and international standards for emergency response, disaster mitigation, rehabilitation and development.
- Ensure all project proposals, reports, integrated audits and ministry evaluations are reviewed at a proper level within the office and appropriate actions are implemented, to ensure impact, accountability and compliance.
- Ensure that a strong national Monitoring & Evaluation strategy is in place and that M&E systems are streamlined to reduce processes and focus on child well-being.
- Ensure accountability for the implementation of effective ministry to all key stakeholders. Ensure a relevant, timely and accurate flow of management and operational reports according to program objectives and standards and to meet reporting requirements from donors, Regional Offices, local partners.
Strategy, Operating Plan and Long and Short-Term Targets:
- Ensure there is a documented office strategy, Ministry strategies and operating plans, and the latter have been derived from the office strategy and has clear, measurable short-term and long-term targets.
- Ensure that Ministry strategies are aligned with Regional and Partnership strategic priorities.
- Ensure there are clear strategies for People & Culture (HR), Communications and other main functions, and they are based on the office strategy and operational plan and include main priority areas identified in respective Regional and
- Partnership Strategies. Facilitate and be accountable for the execution and monitoring of strategies.
Leadership and Management of WV Tanzania:
- Promote WV’s Vision, Mission, Core Values and key Partnership Standards and Practices among the staff and partners and ensure these are the core foundation of WV Tanzania strategies and work.
- Lead Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and ensure diverse representation on the leadership team.
- Strong focus on leadership and people management, ensuring the most capable and qualified staff members are in place to implement office strategy and operational plans.
- Lead the growth and development of SLT members by facilitating SLT secondments to other National Offices; exchanges and other exposure opportunities that would contribute to their growth into international and local leadership roles
- Lead processes to develop national office governance from advisory status to governing board. Lead processes to transition the office to fully interdependent status.
- Review and approve WV Tanzania’s succession plan.
- Ensure that proper capacity is in place and succession plans are updated and executed.
- Promote and participate in leadership development initiatives, including those for staff at management levels in the field and at the National Office level.
- Lead and manage WVT’s team in a way that facilitates a high-performance culture, open trustworthy relationships and integrity.
- Promote a culture of learning and development, employee engagement and good stewardship of human capital in the office.
- Ensure implementation and compliance to Partnership Performance Management Standards and Principles, while seeking to implement Performance Management guidelines on reasonable level; Champion WVTs leadership team in the proper implementation of Performance Evaluations on a midterm and annual basis for the whole organisation.
- Support initiatives for staff care and well-being, both for international and local employees.
- Ensure excellent standards in the management of the human, financial, capital and technical resources of the organisation, which includes inspiring and maintaining high standards of work and clear accountability to stakeholders.
- Set up and regularly update the National Office enterprise risk management (ERM) framework to identify, manage and report on key risks.
- Visit field projects frequently to encourage, build relationships and support WV programs.
- Ensure that initiatives directed to build capacity required to implement local fundraising are included in the office capacity-building plan.
Advocacy and Representation:
- Represent WVT and engage and build strategic alliances with the government of the country, WVT board, major donor agencies, WV Partnership, non-governmental agencies, churches and media.
- Develop and implement appropriate advocacy strategies to raise awareness of- and advocate for change in- key issues within Tanzania that relate to CWB.
- Lead and facilitate strategies for the promotion of justice that look for the change of unfair structures that oppress those in need.
- Ensure WV is positioned as a leading NGO in promoting the well-being and rights of children within the country context to develop public and stakeholders confidence and trust.
- Strengthen awareness of World Vision’s program both within and outside of the WV Partnership.
- Ensure that the WV brand is respected within the country and that all vehicles and facilities are properly branded with standard WV branding.
- Provide leadership, strategic direction and support to the team for developing and implementing a strong donor experience and acquisition of ministry funds.
- Identify new opportunities and forge alliances that lead to optimisation of all resources.
Financial Management and Financial and Operational Audit Compliance:
- Ensure efficient and effective organisational practices that result in successful financial and operational audit scores.
- Ensure action planning and execution to resolve audit findings in an agreed and timely manner. Undertake appropriate reporting of audit results and actions.
- Oversee and ensure strong engagement of leadership in monthly FFRs and ensure rapid action on issues raised.
- Ensure strong financial compliance through timeliness and completeness of financial reports.
- Ensure strong operational compliance through timeliness and completeness of program/project reports.
- Provide direction for integrating private and public funds to maximise results and respond to community needs in most effective and efficient way.
- Manage overall financial integrity of the program to WV Support Offices’ donors, the government and other stakeholders.
- Provide overall strategic leadership and initiative for identifying and securing financial resources to support the program.
Governance, Compliance and Country Legal Environment:
- Ensure the office complies with local labour law requirements and standards.
- Maintain an external legal counsel that can support WV leadership when required.
- Ensure and oversee proper mechanisms for Child Protection and other WVI standards and principles implementation.
- Ensure that the entity functions in a complementary, cohesive manner where principles of interdependence and twin citizenship guide the contribution made to the Partnership and the use of WV Partnership resources.
- Ensure effective Governance of the National Office, ensuring Board & Committee meetings are held and succession planning is effectively managed for effective oversight, insight and foresight by the WVT Board.
Safety and Security, Disaster Mitigation and Preparedness:
- Develop and maintain capacity to respond to natural and man-made emergencies.
- Review security and safety plans and protocols (security manual, evacuation plan, Disaster Preparedness Plan, and risk assessments at national Regional and Cluster Office levels) and ensure understanding and compliance by all staff and visitors.
- Oversee relief efforts, as and when they arise and work in partnership with response teams. Build in-country relief response capacity to ensure adequate disaster management and response.
- Liaise with other international organisations to collect information about the security environment and, where appropriate, discuss joint responses to security threats.
Resource Development and Management:
- Explore opportunities and facilitate Resource Development business planning. Align with regional Grant Acquisition Management (GAM) team objectives.
- Develop and implement an effective National Resource Development strategy and implementation plan to generate funds locally.
- Execute plan to generate funds from a variety of donors.
- Implement long term and short-term programs that create new opportunities for acquisition, retention and transformation of a diverse set of private donors.
- Ensure strong external engagement and visibility of WV Tanzania to help promote its work to key donors and acquire greater levels of resource for ministry from a diverse set of donors.
- Ensure strong grants management to create trust and engagement with the donor for accessing future resources and increased credibility.
MFI Strategic Management:
- As a member of the VisionFun board, ensure that VisionFund’s micro-finance ministry is integrated with World Vision’s Ministry to promote fullness of life for children and their communities;
- Facilitate programmatic integration of VisionFund and APs/ADPs operations.
Knowledge/Qualifications for the role:
- Master’s degree in development studies, international development, management, administration or social sciences or any other relevant masters qualification
- Training in NGO leadership and experience in leading diverse teams that include national and international staff.
- 10 years’ relevant experience in international relief and development with progressively more complex and higher-level leadership roles.
- Previous work experience as National or Country Director is preferred
- Fluency in English/strong written and spoken English language skills and ability to communicate the Mission and Vision of the organisation well.
- Experience with integrated community development programming, with a diverse knowledge of technical program
- Experience in managing large and complex operations in emergency/refugee contexts
- Excellent grant acquisition experience, including experience with a diverse set of donors, as well as a strong ability to partner and position for complex grants.
- Experience in leading local fundraising, including management responsibilities preferably over the areas of fundraising with major private donors and Governments.
- Experience in Microfinance operations is an advantage.
- Experience in being a member of Board or Board support at Executive level, and also understanding of Board mandate
- Significant management experience (general/operational) where there is evidence of both accountability and managerial know-how, and high-quality delivery of results.
- Strong ability to engage externally with donors, partners and other stakeholders. Evidence of building coalitions and engaging externally to influence policy and strategic directions.
- Experience with World Vision desirable
- Proven track record of leading multi-cultural teams in complex, culturally and politically-sensitive contexts and/or multi-sectoral emergency response projects.
- Must exhibit composure and professionalism. Able to represent World Vision to government officials, donors and other external stakeholders in a professional and self-assured manner.
- Have worked in Africa and understand the context and cultures of the continent.
- Able to interact with a variety of individuals and ethnic groups.
- Strong developer of teams and ability to embrace leadership principles and promote staff engagement and wellbeing.
- Model Christian commitment and integrity while embracing denominational diversity and demonstrating an ability to engage in an interfaith context.
- Strong moral values and convictions. Personal life which is exemplary.
Preferred knowledge and experience:
- Experience with large bilateral and multilateral grant acquisition and compliance as well multi-sectorial humanitarian operations.
- Proven Leadership and Management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and make tough decisions
- Proven visionary and strategic abilities.
- Achieving quality results and service, practicing accountability and integrity, and communicating information effectively
- Thinking clearly, deeply and broadly, understanding the humanitarian industry, understanding World Vision’s mission and operations, and practicing innovation and change
- Building collaborative relationships, practicing gender and cultural diversity, and influencing individuals and groups
- Supporting World Vision’s Christian identify and commitments, learning for growth and development, and maintaining work/life balance and effectiveness
- Develops diverse, high-performing teams through effective recruitment, coaching and team-building
- Role models biblical ethics and principles in action
- Responsible steward of resources and assets.
- Knowledge of UN humanitarian architecture and donor community
- Knowledge of LEAP 3 processes and Transformational Development preferred.
- Experience and/or understanding of advocacy execution, national advocacy strategy development and leading advocacy efforts as a pillar of a theory of change.
- Experience in technical programming in at least one of the major ministry components (Relief, Development or Advocacy), close familiarity with the other two.
Travel and Work Environment Requirements:
- Domestic Travel: 20% Regular internal travel to project areas is required.
- International Travel: 30% international travel will be required
- Office based however some level of travel is expected within the WV Tanzania and to other places. Some travel may be in remote location with minimal facilities.
- Ability to work under pressure and in a stressful environment
- On call: 10% In emergency and disaster situations, the position will be required to be on-call.
- HEAT (hostile environment awareness training) and SRMT (security risk management training) or a UN equivalent, as appropriate for fragile contexts
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: CLICK HERE TO APPLY
The post Job Vacancies at World Vision Tanzania December 2022 appeared first on Ajira Peak | Nafasi za Kazi Leo.