Job Vacancies at World Health Organization (WHO) November 2022
Job Tittle: Individual Consultant – Terms of Reference for facilitating a Mid-Term Review of the National Malaria Strategic Plan 2021-2025 in Mainland Tanzania – (2210905)
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 01 MONTH
Primary Location: Tanzania, United Republic of-Dar-es-Salaam
Purpose of the Consultancy:
The Ministry of Health, through the National Malaria Control Programme (NMCP) in collaboration with President’s Office, Regional Administration and Local Government (PO-RALG) and Partners, has been implementing a National Malaria Strategic Plan (NSP) 2021-2025. Focusing on transitioning to malaria elimination in phases in mainland Tanzania by 2030, the NSP provides comprehensive technical guidance for the 5-year period in three (3) core strategies; Integrated Malaria Vector Control; Malaria Diagnosis, Treatment and Preventive therapies, and Surveillance, Monitoring & Evaluation and three (3) supportive strategies; Commodities and Logistics Management, Social Behaviour Change and Advocacy, and Program Management.
Halfway through the implementation, the NMCP has identified a need to perform a mid-term evaluation to take note of lessons learned in the implementation of the NSP and maximize achievements of the set goal in the remaining period. The WHO will be supporting the government through the NMCP in conducting the mid-term review (MTR).
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the general coordination of the WHO Country Representative, Cluster Lead, CND and Malaria Programme Manager’s supervision, the consultant will assist the MOH and malaria stakeholders to conduct an MTR in accordance with the WHO guidance. The incumbent will perform the following tasks:
- Support the NMCP and MTR secretariat in constituting thematic review groups, reviewing the available documents and categorising them for desk review.
- Facilitate thematic review groups to critically assess available facts and figures, score and report on progress towards the epidemiological and entomological impact of the NSP; programme funding landscape and expenditure, programme capacity to implement activities and levels of attainment of outcome targets according to the MTR standards.
- Develop a comprehensive internal desk review report and present the findings to the NMCP and external reviewers before the validation phase.
- In collaboration with the NMCP, finalize tools and checklists for the external validation field visit and facilitate the field visits in selected districts.
- Collaborate with the NMCP and the external consultant(s) to consolidate the thematic and field validation reports into the MTR report.
- Facilitate the presentation of MTR findings to partners and stakeholders and receive and consolidate feedback and recommendations
Fluent in spoken and written English and Fluency in Swahili.
Desired: Postgraduate degree in health-related field, preferably, Epidemiology, Public Health, International Health, Tropical Diseases from an accredited/ recognized institute and at least 5 years in managing, implementing and monitoring communicable disease programmes.
- At least 5-10 years of experience in managing, implementing, and monitoring communicable disease programmes.
- Relevant work experience and comprehensive knowledge of Malaria programming and health systems strengthening.
- Experience in analysis of health-related strategic plans and mid-term and end-term reviews and dissemination of health-related programme with a documented track record of successful completion of similar or related tasks.
- Analytical and documentation skills, presentation of reports and giving technical guidance specifically to the MOH.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, negotiation, participatory skills and team player
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to express ideas clearly, logically and effectively orally.
WHO Competencies REQUIRED
- Communicating in a credible and effective way
- Fostering integration and teamwork
- Producing Results
- Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
APPLICATION INSTRUCTION:CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Deadline for receiving application is Dec 28, 2022, 1:59:00 AM
The post Job Vacancies at World Health Organization WHO November 2022 appeared first on Ajira Peak | Nafasi za Kazi Leo.