Airtel Tanzania jobs 2023
Airtel Tanzania PLC is one of the leading providers of telecommunications and mobile money services with operations across Tanzania. Headquartered in Dar es Salaam, Airtel Tanzania ranks amongst the top 3 mobile services providers in Tanzania in terms of subscribers. Airtel Tanzania offers an integrated suite of telecommunications solutions to its subscribers, including mobile voice , data services as well as mobile money services both nationally and internationally. Airtel Tanzania aims to continue providing a simple and intuitive customer experience through streamlined customer journeys.
Airtel Tanzania PLC was launched in October 2001 and is Tanzania’s most innovative mobile phone operator, which has introduced many “firsts” in the telecommunications sector.
Job Tittle: Airtel Money Brand & Communications Manager
Airtel Tanzania PLC wishes to recruit for a Brand & Communication Manager in the Airtel Money Department. The role reports to the Airtel Money Director. The incumbent will be Responsible for championing efficient execution of business plans in order to meet future brand expectations and targets. Taking part in the development of short-term tactical distribution and Brand communications plans. Ensuring Airtel money brand distribution and communication guiding efforts across multiple channels and functions. Supporting the development and execution of offline/traditional, digital, and paid social advertising programs, trade marketing for the business.
The role entails the management of Airtel Money media of distribution, trade, branding and communication from the beginning to the end and is also responsible for the execution across all media channels inclusive of TV, Radio, Digital, Print, and Paid Social.
The Role Holder duties will include but not limited to:
1.Develop brand positioning Strategy
- Development of the brand marketing strategies in order to establish strategic direction and program positioning. Developing marketing partnerships between Airtel Money and other retailers and other external partners in an attempt to broaden the reach of the business’s brand messaging.
- Development and execution go to market strategies of Airtel Money products and use cases in positing Airtel money brand in the market through its products.
- Monitor Network Quality parameters i.e. Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s
- Ensure standardization of the network quality processes for consistent customer experience and plus one network over and above competition
- Drive the collection of business inputs, technical utilization trends and forecast
- Ensure teamwork and collaboration across all business units within the value chain
- Formulate, implement and monitor the Network Annual and long term Operation Expenditure Plan to ensure an efficient NOE
- Develop an optimum annual and long term operational expenditure plan to cover for all networks active elements and other network expenditures.
- Increase efficiency and profitability of the network by monitoring and controlling OPEX.
- Translation of key research reports into strategic recommendations to the direct reports
for recommendations on the said products and use cases
- Playing an analytical role in conducting research and analyses, translating campaign performance into communication documents and reports as marketing briefs,competitive analyses, campaign recap decks, and so forth.
- Tracking of spending on all media campaigns for the purpose of ensuring that brand marketing efforts always stay within the allocated budget, in actualizing cost reports per project at the completion of each brand marketing campaign.
- Preparation of accounts, expenditure, progress, and other related reports. Also reviews targeted spend and makes real-time adjustments in order to optimize brand marketing campaign performance.
4. Knowledge and Opportunity
- Conducts regular and consistent research and keeps the business and the brand marketing department informed on best practices and the latest trends in brand marketing that ensure that the business does not lag behind of its competition and also in order to provide growth opportunity for the brand by capitalizing on the acquisition potential that alternative branding strategies/approaches may hold.
Academic and Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing Finance or any other related field
- Master’s in business administration will be an added advantage.
- At least 7 years working experience in Marketing within Telecom, Banking or FMCG
Industries and at least 3 years in Telecoms/Mobile money
- Budgeting and costs management
- Analytical, statistical and Presentation skills
- Planning Skills
- •People Management Skills
Competencies and Behavior:
- Able to operate in a performance driven organization
- Good organizational and teamwork skills
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, energetic
- Attention to detail
- Confident, assertive with good negotiation skills
- Excellent time Management Skills
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The deadline for the Application is 5:00 PM on 27th January 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We therefore do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of, among others, their race, disability, their race, disability, religion or gender. All employment opportunities are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need